According to recent statistics, almost 20% of new businesses fail in their first year. The success and longevity of a new business depends on many factors, ranging from hard work and perseverance, to budgeting, staffing, planning and of course, marketing. In today’s world, a critical component of any new business’s success is its Digital Marketing efforts.
Digital Marketing Tips for New Businesses
In a world where a business' website and overall online presence is the front door to their business, it is not an overstatement to say that a new business will likely not survive without a well planned digital footprint and strategy for promoting that footprint. In the most basic sense, Digital Marketing is one of the most effective ways to connect a business to its customers and is impactful universally across all industries. After establishing a strong and uniform online presence, Digital Marketing can reach your business’s target audience in several forms such as through SEO (Search Engine Optimization), organic content, paid advertising, email marketing, and many other services.
If you are a new business and are not sure where to begin, here are five tips to get you started toward Digital success:
1) Align yourself with a Certified Google Partner. A certified Google partner is a third party, such as an advertising or digital agency, that manages Google Ads accounts and other services on behalf of their clients. From our experience, only about 10% of all digital agencies have obtained and maintain a Google Partner certification. This certification is sort of a big deal in the industry as it confirms longevity, success, commitment and expertise in using Google's online advertising tools. Generally, a certified Google partner will use their expertise and experience to drive client growth and maximize the success of your Google Ads campaigns. You can find a certified Google partner here: https://partnersdirectory.withgoogle.com/?premier=true
You can type "Creative Web Advisors" into the search bar to find our personal favorite partner :))
2) Interview and select an agency that best aligns with your vision. Using a pool of local certified Google Partners, go ahead and interview at least 2-3 agencies to determine how they operate and if the provider shares the same goals, values, and strategic view that you have for your business. You'll know when you found the right fit!
3) Branding, Branding, Branding. Branding is the way in which customers will identify with your business. Make sure to take care in selecting your business’s color palette, logo, website design, social media profiles, business cards, stationery, and other marketing materials. Your brand should be a cohesive, uniform presentation of your business. You'll want to stand out and convey your image and messaging as effectively and engaging as possible.
4) Build an engaging website with a blog, a Google Business Profile (GBP), social media pages, third-party directory listing, etc. Gain as much exposure as you can by utilizing these digital platforms that reach your customers 24/7. This will be the basis of your digital footprint.
5) Construct an effective online marketing campaign. Your online marketing campaign should be a cohesive effort of our organization and the agency you selected to handle your online promotion. Your online strategy should effectively bring highly targeted visitors to your online properties through a mix of SEO, paid advertising, social media activity, blogging, email marketing, text promotions, re-marketing, and more.
Building a new business is an undertaking whose success is dependent on many factors. One of the most important factors is your digital success, and naturally which company you select as your service provider. One of the first steps toward success is partnering with an agency that has a long history of success, preferably a certified Google partner, and one that aligns well with your vision, goals, and budget.
Creative Web Advisors, Inc., located in Boca Raton Florida, ticks all of those boxes and we would be happy to assist in creating a successful and profitable online presence for new businesses that are looking for a reputable service provider. CWA offers strategic website development and digital marketing services to businesses located in South Florida and nationwide. We invite new business owners to contact us for a discussion of how we can assist your company in reaching it's highest potential.